The SDI Advanced Diver Program was created to make truly "Advanced Divers." During the course, your Instructor will take you through four complete SDI, TDI, or ERDI specialty courses (for example; Deep, Navigation, Photo, Video, Intro to Tech, Tender, etc.) covering all the skills and subjects, so that by the end you will feel comfortable to conduct dives of a similar nature. Once you have logged your 25th dive (these can include any and all training dives), visit your local SDI facility with your logbook and verification of completing four SDI, TDI, and ERDI specialties and you will be awarded the SDI Advanced Scuba Diver certification.
By earning the SDI Advanced Scuba Diver certification you will have increased abilities and comfort in the water and be ready for the next step, SDI Rescue Diver.
Who this course is for:
- Any certified open water scuba diver who wishes to expand their diving knowledge and skill set
- Any certified open water scuba diver who would like to advance their dive training
- Any SDI Advanced Adventure diver or equivalent who would like to receive more experience in the specialties they participated in during their SDI Advanced Adventure diver program
- SDI Open Water Scuba Diver, SDI Junior Open Water Scuba Diver, or equivalent
- Minimum age 18, 10 with parental consent
*Note: Junior divers (10-15) can only take specialties approved for their age
What you can expect to learn:
- Detailed information about four SDI, TDI, or ERDI Diver specialties of your choice
What's in it for you?
- An opportunity to experience several SDI, TDI, or ERDI specialties at the sport level
- Continued diver education, skills, and knowledge
- Ability to enroll in/complete selected specialties
- After successful completion, ability to enroll in the SDI Rescue Diver Course
SDI Advanced Diver minimum requirements:
- Complete four SDI, TDI, or ERDI Specialty Diver courses or equivalent; only 1 course without dives, may be credited towards the SDI Advanced Diver development program, with the exception of SDI Computer Nitrox
- Proof of 25 logged dives
- After the previous requirements are met and verified by an instructor, the instructor issues the SDI Advanced Open Water Diver certification by submitting the SDI Diver Registration form to SDI Headquarters or the appropriate Regional Office, or registering the students online through member's area of the SDI website
- Requirements for the SDI Junior Advanced include the above requirements, provided the four specialty courses they have taken are allowed by their age
How do I take this course?
Deep Diver, Nitrox, Night Diving, Navigation
Lessons: Available on site or with e-learning if desired
Location: Lanzarote, Costa Teguise